Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tax Free Thrifting!

What's better than a quick thrift trip? A quick thrift trip on tax-free weekend! My family needed to do some shopping today to take advantage of our state's back-to-school tax-free weekend, and luckily for me, one of my favorite thrift stores was located right along our route so I got to pop in for a few minutes.

I can't say I found anything spectacular, but it was worth a quick stop. Along with a couple of books for the kids, here is what I found.

I have a set of six of these retro Christmas/New Year's glasses, and I was very happy to add four more to my collection.


Nabbed a few more vintage cookie cutters, including a leaf shape that I don't already have! Of course, most of the cutters in the bag were more common ones but they are still hard for me to pass up. So now I am the proud owner of yet another Santa, star, circle, and two slightly different flower shapes.


I thought these little removable plate handles were a cute vintage find. Nice that they are still in the package. I think I'll keep one and gift one. They'd be especially sweet at a child's tea party, don't you think?


My girls are wild about all things American Girl and I am always on the lookout for new things for their collection. I get especially excited when I find things that are no longer produced, or, as AG likes to spin it, have been "retired to their archives." This Molly mystery game is no longer available, and although it is missing its parent guide book, all the other pieces are there in pristine and unused condition. I'm pretty sure I can figure it out and it looks like a lot of fun.


I also found this sweet little fairy game, which is in mint condition and will make a perfect birthday gift for a little girl I know that loves all things fairy.


Linking up to Sir Thrift a Lot, who also scored some vintage Christmas love this weekend. I'm hoping I can step out for a bit of shopping this week, but I'll have three reluctant tag-a-longs every day so it may take some bribery on my part. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen those plate holder things before. What a cute idea! I hope you get to do some shopping! I wonder if they would like to dress up really silly or in costumes and go out to show them off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses are on my wish list! Hopefully I can find them at the thrifts and don't have to resort to online.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete