Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vintage Christmas in July

I love vintage Christmas anytime of the year, even in the middle of a good, old-fashioned July heat wave. But I especially love Christmas when stores are having 50% off Christmas in July sales! Today, I'm highlighting the yuletide goodies I found over the weekend.

Normally, I am not one to collect or display too many Santas, but these vintage china figurines were adorable so I picked them up.


Perhaps they will make an appearance in my angel choir come December.

 
Or not.

I went a little Santa-crazy and also took home this vintage-look (but reproduction) cast iron Santa doorstop.


Not sure what this little elf's original purpose was, but she'll look sweet on a bookshelf with a sprig of holly tucked into the back.


This Johnson Brothers cup and saucer has a beautiful design and I love the Christmas tree peeking out from inside the cup. I couldn't resist it, even though I scolded myself as I put it in my shopping basket. But it was just too pretty to leave behind, I would have certainly regretted it. 


From the refined to the not-so-refined: I loved Holly Hobbie as a child and my pioneer-loving children do too. I found these two vintage Holly Hobbie Christmas glasses to go with the one we already had.


This ceramic Christmas tree with plastic bulb ornaments caught my eye due to its super cool retro gold detailing. Not sure how or if it lights up since there were no electrical parts, but it looks plenty festive simply sitting on a table or shelf. An unexpected bonus is that my husband loves it because it reminds him of one his grandparents had displayed at Christmastime.


And my friend spotted this Swedish wooden light-up star ornament for me. My Scandinavian Christmas dream is one step closer to a reality!


My friend also generously shared her score of vintage Christmas ornaments. I love finding the striped ornaments and the turquoise ones are my favorites. The tiny bells are quite unusual; at least neither of us had ever seen them before.


Finally, no vintage Christmas haul is complete without a tin cookie cutter or two. I already own these particular models, but as I'm trying to collect three full sets (one for each of my children), I always scoop them up when I run across them.


No matter the season, vintage Christmas finds make me so happy! Have you found any holiday treasures lately? I'm linking this post to Sir Thrift a Lot so be sure to go over there and check out what other thrifty folks have found this weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you found so many cute Christmas treasures. I especially love the little elf with the candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are having Christmas in July!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could find this many Christmas things every time I went out shopping!

      Delete
  3. So much lovely vintage Christmas! That gold ceramic tree is really cool. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete