Sunday, October 13, 2013

Preppy Finds and More

Be still my preppy little heart. I was slowly making my way to the register at the end of my latest thrift foray when I spotted these vintage 1980s gems. My junior high prep-addicted self would have jumped for joy!


These were virgin vintage--still on their little plastic cards. Hanging right next to them was a bag full of these--also still on their cards:


I distinctly remember my older sister having a teal one (that was her signature color in high school and beyond, haha) of these clips, which she guarded with her life. I don't think I ever had one of my own. But my children will not suffer the same sad fate!

I also found a few Christmas treasures. Here is a fabulous gold Santa for my now growing (against my will, I must protest) collection:


And my favorite find of the shopping trip, these delicate little angels:


I believe I have another one of this set somewhere among my Christmas stash. They are very similar to a much larger set I picked up last fall.

I always have trouble resisting cute vintage storage containers, and two pieces caught my eye. This first one is a vintage Cape Cod souvenir, and will be adorable in my daughter's room to hold rings and other trinkets.


And this scalloped vintage Tupperware divider is actually perfect to corral my girls' hair accessories. See how nice all those preppy little bows and clips look in it?


The Sunprint paper was another find, not sure it will still work as when I got it home I noticed it was pretty old. But we'll give it a try.

Despite the mini haul, I was pretty discouraged when I left the store. Prices at this particular thrift have gotten out of hand! Especially on the things I love the most--china and glassware. I have struck out in those two categories for the past several outings and that makes me so sad. It looks like I may have to abandon the shops for a while in favor of hitting a few of the rummage sales that are so plentiful this time of year. I'll keep you all posted how that strategy goes. In the meantime, I'm linking up my weekend finds to Sir Thrift a Lot.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you found hair ties AND a container for them in the same trip! That tupperware divider is so prettily feminine.

    ReplyDelete