Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weekend Finds

I did manage to sneak in a little thrifting this weekend, despite being pretty busy. I had two little helpers who helped keep me on task, and also who spotted one of my favorite finds of the day:


I have a growing collection of these Christmas pyramids--six to be exact. I keep them up all year, in part because I adore them and in part because I don't know where to store them! Most of mine are missing a few parts, which I imagine I will get around to replacing someday, but in the meantime I really kind of like them exactly how they are. Not to mention that I'm not planning to light the candles around my little ones anytime soon anyway, so if I'm missing a few candle holders it doesn't bother me in the least.


Above is my collection; I've removed all the candle holders and many of the "propellers" until I can replace them all. I display them on a ledge leading down into my basement, which also prevents my children from crawling out onto this inviting space and falling off onto the hardwood stairs beneath!

I did not find too many vintage goods on the shelves this time out, but I did find a vintage inspired  silver milk bottle vase:


I also found a small bag of these millinery flowers, which I hoped were vintage. I'm not sure whether they are or not; if they are, they can't be that old. But they will be great for crafting American Girl accessories, so I'm happy I picked them up.


And speaking of American Girl, I snagged this vintage spice rack to re-purpose into a new handcrafted American Girl play accessory. I am so excited about my idea. If I can pull it off, it will be a Christmas gift for my girls and I'll be sure to share it right here.


And one more little treasure. I found a bag of six of these beautiful miniature Chinese lanterns. My daughter is very interested in China right now, both the language and the culture, and these are just the right size to use in her doll play. I couldn't pass them up. They could also be used as Christmas ornaments on an around-the-world tree, which is one of the themes I am working on for a future family Christmas tree.


So, there you have it, my thrift finds for the weekend. Linking up to Sir Thrift a Lot

1 comment:

  1. I love your Christmas pyramid collection, they all look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete